Exp: 2 - 7 years
Talents from Product/eComm/Internet Only
Must Haves: Collections, Multithreading, IO, Networking, Generics, Profiling, Android SDK, Java
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable code.
- Working alongside product managers and backend team to design the architecture and implement new features in production
- Write unit-test code for robustness, usability, and general reliability.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Bachelor's Degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Science from Tier 1 college.
- 2+ Years of experience in developing android applications
- Experience in Kotlin and Java is a must.
- Excellent command over Data Structures and Algorithms.
- Familiar with Material Design guidelines, common mobile UX patterns, and anti-patterns
- Have experience with common Android libraries like Retrofit, OkHttp, RxJava, Gson, Arch-components etc.
- Debugging skills, including identifying memory leaks, performance bottlenecks, and using tools like adb, proguard, etc
- Have an understanding of advanced Android concepts like Custom Views, Accessibility Services, background processing APIs
- Be familiar with consuming REST APIs, and what makes them RESTful
- Have an understanding of OOP, different architectural patterns (esp. MVVM) and their testability
- Keen to decrease tech debt, participate in code review sessions and suggest best practices
- Knowledge of third party SDK integrations
- Experience working in an Agile environment and project management tool like Jira.
- Experience writing unit tests and testable code is a plus.